ScioTeq is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. ScioTeq is part of the international TransDigm Group, quoted on the NYSE (TDG). ScioTeq has legal entities in five countries, amongst which the US. The headquarters are located in Belgium (Kortrijk) where we employ approximately 360 employees.
Our company’s businesses are divided in three Business Units based upon their respective core competencies:
· Defense & Security
· Air Traffic Control
Our innovative visualization products and human-machine-interface solutions address the avionics, air traffic control, rugged, training & simulation markets. Our activities include business development, product development, certification, manufacturing, sales and customer support for all products.
Defense and ATC (Air Traffic Control) applications require visualization solutions that ensure long-term performance and are up to the most extreme conditions. With our high-performance display systems, large screen visualization platforms, distributed media streaming over IP network, advanced processing modules and network-client applications, we ensure continuous information availability for safe operations.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an (f/m):
You will provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks, reporting to the Accounting Manager. Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the Accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, able to work comfortably with numbers and pay attention to detail.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent through experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Knowledge of VAT and Belgian accounting rules. US Gaap knowledge is a plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with large ERP systems;
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Dutch;
- Advanced Excel data skills.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Post and process manual journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded;
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheet reconciliations;
- Coordinating payment run;
- Complete end of month close procedures;
- In-charge of travel, expense and credit card program;
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and in the related general ledger preparation;
- Prepare income tax returns and deal with the associated corporate reporting requirements.
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work;
- Career opportunities in an international environment;
- Challenging projects in high tech markets;
- A great company culture with many training opportunities;
- Easily accessible by traffic-free roads;
- A market competitive compensation package.