You will provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks, reporting to the Accounting Manager. Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the Accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well versed in accounting principles, able to work comfortably with numbers and pay attention to detail.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master degree in accounting or equivalent through experience;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Knowledge of VAT and Belgian accounting rules. US Gaap knowledge is a plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with large ERP systems is an asset;
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Dutch;
- Advanced Excel data skills.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Post and process manual journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded;
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheet reconciliations;
- Coordinating payment run;
- Complete end of month close procedures;
- In-charge of travel, expense and credit card program;
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and in the related general ledger preparation;
- Prepare income tax returns and deal with the associated corporate reporting requirements.
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work;
- Career opportunities in an international environment;
- Challenging projects in high tech markets;
- A great company culture with many training opportunities;
- Easily accessible by traffic-free roads;
- A market competitive compensation package.