The Cost Accountant plays an active role in the site financials:
- Inventory (valuation, reporting, excess and obsolete calculation and follow-up…)
- Capital expenditures follow-up
- Direct labor efficiency
- Site costs controls
- Cost Centers Reporting
- SOX application of the Business Finance Controls
- Contact person for Business related questions
His/her objective is to have an accurate and compliant cost follow-up and to make sure that everything is done to reduce/optimize costs.
He/she reports to the FP&A Manager & Controller.
He/she functions as back up for 1 colleague (FPA&R Professional).
Required Qualifications and Skills
- University level degree in Finance or Business
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in a similar position in a production environment
- Experience in integrated corporate financial systems, reporting tools and database management systems.
- Experience of managing inventory.
- Experience of standard costing
- Support local or regional budget processes.
- Ability to drive accountability for results within the organization
- Proficiency skills in both written and spoken English
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Monitors & follows the site performance versus Plan or Target (costs, margins, inventory, capex)
- Follows, analyses and challenges the inventory including the E&O provision.
- Follows, analyses and challenges direct Labor efficiency, purchase costs, consumables.
- Follows, analyses and challenges indirect costs not dedicated to Business units.
- Calculates direct and indirect rates for inventory and projects valorization.
- Develop financial models for business cases and decision support together with his/her team, including financial statement modeling.
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward;
- Career opportunities in an international environment;
- Challenging projects in high tech markets;
- A competitive salary package including many extra-legal advantages (car, bonus, pension plan, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers,…)
- A great company culture with many training opportunities;
- Easily accessible by traffic-free roads.