ScioTeq is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. ScioTeq is part of the international TransDigm Group, quoted on the NYSE (TDG). ScioTeq has legal entities in five countries, amongst which the US. The headquarters are located in Belgium (Kortrijk) where we employ approximately 430 employees.
Our company’s businesses are divided in three Business Units based upon their respective core competencies:
· Defense & Security
· Air Traffic Control
Our innovative visualization products and human-machine-interface solutions address the avionics, air traffic control, rugged, training & simulation markets. Our activities include business development, product development, certification, manufacturing, sales and customer support for all products.
Defense and ATC (Air Traffic Control) applications require visualization solutions that ensure long-term performance and are up to the most extreme conditions. With our high-performance display systems, large screen visualization platforms, distributed media streaming over IP network, advanced processing modules and network-client applications, we ensure continuous information availability for safe operations.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an (f/m):
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in IT, Computer Science, Industrial Sciences . . .
- Good knowledge of C++ or equivalent object oriented programming language;
- Low level linux operating system knowledge, particularly for embedded systems (kernel space, peripheral drivers [networking, USB] ) is an asset;
- Good network and web technology knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with gstreamer or Qt is a plus;
- You can work independently and meticulously to achieve a high quality “First Time Right” product and are interested in the latest technological developments;
- You can work in an international team;
- You have good communication skills and speak fluently English.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for the development of the embedded software;
- You cover all phases of the development: from requirements definition unto product delivery including design (architecture), analysis and test. Accuracy, quality and safety are the main objectives in your development work;
- You want to work on a real-time embedded system with close interaction to the hardware platform and connected peripherals;
- You work intensively together with other members of the project team (both SW and other disciplines) to realize the product;
- You have regular external contacts with customers and/or suppliers.
- Join our young and motivated team
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward.
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Easily accessible by traffic-free routes.