As a logistic buyer, you are an essential part of the supply chain and have an important role in the timely and correct supply of goods and services for Operations and Engineering. You decide on purchase order quantities taking into consideration the demand, supplier quotations (breaks) and inventory guidelines.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by experience
- You show ownership and engagement in your work
- You have a keen interest in planning and purchase administration
- You are an assertive person with good communication skills
- You show flexibility, initiative and team spirit
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch. French is a plus
Job Role and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for the operational purchasing process for a portfolio of commodities and suppliers (E.g. components, electronic boards, cables, mechanical parts, …)
- Place purchase orders, according to planning requirements, with a realistic delivery commitment from suppliers and ensure timely delivery
- Close follow up with suppliers. In case of problems such as late deliveries, late confirmations, overdue deliveries, missing documents and payment issues, you act as the representative towards the supplier and solve these issues
- You ensure a fast return of defective and/or bad quality items to the supplier
- You enter data in ERP related to quotation, lead-time, country of origin, …
- You communicate design changes to the supplier and check if orders need to be adjusted
- Join a highly motivated team
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Easily accessible by traffic-free routes