ScioTeq is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. ScioTeq is part of the international TransDigm Group, quoted on the NYSE (TDG). ScioTeq has legal entities in five countries, amongst which the US. The headquarters are located in Belgium (Kortrijk) where we employ approximately 360 employees.
Our company’s businesses are divided in three Business Units based upon their respective core competencies:
· Defense & Security
· Air Traffic Control
Our innovative visualization products and human-machine-interface solutions address the avionics, air traffic control, rugged, training & simulation markets. Our activities include business development, product development, certification, manufacturing, sales and customer support for all products.
Defense and ATC (Air Traffic Control) applications require visualization solutions that ensure long-term performance and are up to the most extreme conditions. With our high-performance display systems, large screen visualization platforms, distributed media streaming over IP network, advanced processing modules and network-client applications, we ensure continuous information availability for safe operations.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an (f/m):
You help to develop / update mechanical designs in collaboration with electrical and mechanical engineering, manufacturing, and project teams.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- You are Master of Sciences Electro Mechanics or Industrial Design
- You have knowledge of mechanical CAD, Creo Parametric 4.0 or higher or are willing to learn.
- You have knowledge of Windchill PLM or are willing to learn.
- You have knowledge of CNC machining principles and preferably also of thermal and strength calculations.
- You use MS Office easily.
- You master Dutch and English. Knowledge of French and or German is a plus.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (visiting suppliers, OEMs, customers, exhibitions, training, etc.
- You are communicative, analytical, decisive and team oriented.
- You creatively think about solutions, take initiative, are able to easily give presentations and to efficiently manage your time across different projects.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- You help to design and implement technical solutions, such as the development and preparation of mechanical CAD designs for rugged monitors and network products from concept to completion.
- You work out customer specifications, you identify changes to common monitors and you produce cost effective designs to meet the requirements of the customer within budget and schedule. This involves working closely together with the marketing department, the project team, the operations final assembling team and the service team.
- You apply your mechanical engineering knowledge and your knowledge of mechanical principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes.
- You explain the functional, practical, safety and economic benefits of your design and their compliance with the demands of the customer.
- You will be involved in hands-on solution of production assembly issues and environmental test issues.
- Driven colleagues.
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Place of employment is Kortrijk, West-Flanders (easily accessible by traffic-free routes).