Senior Optics Engineer
As member of the Avionics R&D team, you will contribute to the development of display systems which are integrated in the cockpit of aircrafts and helicopters from our various customers (Airbus, Boeing, Embraer…).
Required Qualifications and Skills
- You are a master in photonics or physics.
- You have great expertise in physics, opto-mechanics and photonics for displays
- You are hands-on. You validate your theory with physical testing.
- You are innovative and willing to get out of your comfort zone.
- You are open minded. You have affinity with other disciplines like mechanics, electronics and software.
- Preferably you have some experience with programming language like Python, C Sharp and tools like Z-max.
- You can work in an international team.
- You have good communication skills and speak English fluently
- You are a practical problem solver.
- You have a healthy appetite to learn on the job
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Together with the team, you develop the display assembly composed of touchscreen, LCD and backlight.
- You define and select the optical components in order to comply to the product requirements.
- You cover all phases of the development: from requirements definition until product delivery including concept, design, analysis and test. Accuracy, quality and safety are the main objectives in your development work.
- You contribute to the definition and execution of our optics related technology roadmap. You participate to and execute various research projects in collaboration with Universities and Partners.
- As a technologist you will do close follow up of recent developments of display technologies that can be used for avionics displays.
- You work intensely together with other members of the project team to realize the product.
You will join an international environment where innovation is key and colleagues who share determination & high standards of work that move the world forward.
Our head office in Kortrijk is easily accessible due to the traffic-free routes: by car, bike or public transport.
We offer a competitive salary, complimented by extra-legal benefits.
- Meal vouchers of €8
- Transport allowance
- Internet allowance of €50 net
- Yearly bonus
- Group insurance
- Medical insurance
- Flexible salary plan with possibilities for electric bicycle, tablet, etc.
In addition, we invest in personal growth by offering various training opportunities throughout the year ('Everyone Learns' program, Mtech+ training courses, IT Awareness training, LinkedIn Learning, on the job training & much more).
Furthermore, we value a healthy work-life balance and promote this by offering flexible working hours, possibility to work from home and 32 vacation days.
If you join the ScioTeq family, you can also attend various events and activities (like for example a Company Celebration, Out of office party, Quizzes, buddy walks,…) that enhance the team spirit.