The Project buyer manages all procurement and supply chain activities within the new product development projects. You need to develop a sourcing strategy, continuously optimize cost, drive innovation and manage risk. This includes also the development, contracting and management of a supplier portfolio during the design phase and enabling early supplier involvement by working closely together with all internal stakeholders, such as R&D, Quality, Operations, Product Management, ….
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master (technical/commercial) or equivalent by experience: preferably minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing
- Social relation skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Full of initiative and organizational awareness
- Ability to use appropriate IT applications: office applications, information exchange applications, ERP tools.
- Analytical, accurate and delivers high quality work
- Deep understanding of cultural differences
- Stress resistant
Job Role and Responsibilities
- As Project buyer, you are in charge of all procurement related activities inside the development projects within ScioTeq.
- You support the different development project teams and ensures that the project milestones & deliverables are achieved.
- This with special focus on: cost down initiatives, (new) supplier selection, contract management, supply chain optimization, ...
- You coordinate and follow up the supplier selection process, together with the commodity buyers and development project teams.
- You are in charge of these projects, this from start of the development until the release towards the serial production.
- You work together with the complete organization to define the purchasing strategy for your projects.
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward
- Career opportunities in an international environment
- Challenging projects in high tech markets
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many development opportunities
- Easily accessible thanks to traffic-free routes