R&D Project Manager Avionics
R&D Project Manager Avionics
ScioTeq is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. ScioTeq is part of the international TransDigm Group, quoted on the NYSE (TDG). ScioTeq has legal entities in five countries, amongst which the US. The headquarters are located in Belgium (Kortrijk) where we employ approximately 360 employees.
Our company’s businesses are divided in three Business Units based upon their respective core competencies:
· Defense & Security
· Air Traffic Control
Our innovative visualization products and human-machine-interface solutions address the avionics, air traffic control, rugged, training & simulation markets. Our activities include business development, product development, certification, manufacturing, sales and customer support for all products.
Defense and ATC (Air Traffic Control) applications require visualization solutions that ensure long-term performance and are up to the most extreme conditions. With our high-performance display systems, large screen visualization platforms, distributed media streaming over IP network, advanced processing modules and network-client applications, we ensure continuous information availability for safe operations.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an (f/m):
R&D Project Manager
As R&D Project Manager you are responsible to deliver the technical solution as part of new product development (NPI) projects. The R&D Project Leader will manage all R&D development activities and coordinate with the supporting organizations. In this the R&D Project Leader is a point of contact for all relevant stakeholders including the end customer.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Masters degree
- Analytical, methodical & problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Coordinating skills
- Autonomy & initiative
- Setting priorities, focus on targets
- Stress resistance
- Technical affinity
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Challenge, define, secure that what is specified (requirements) are the best answer to the customer/market needs.
- Manage the balance between cost, schedule and quality
- Defining, monitoring and managing project schedule
- Monitoring and managing the allocated project budget
- Achieving full delivery according to the scope of the project and the required quality level
- Support required customer interaction securing customer satisfaction
- Coordinate subcontractors if appropriate
- Manage the development team towards efficient and effective cooperation with other ScioTeq Departments
- Follow up & communicate engineering project status and KPI’s to all relevant stakeholders.
- If required, initiate corrective actions and ensure proper escalation to the right people (report problems on time when certain goals cannot be reached).
- Manage project scope and project risks from the engineering perspective
- Write internal and external project reports
- Support proposal and bid activity if appropriate
- Join a highly motivated team
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Easily accessible by traffic-free routes