Research Project Manager
Research project manager
In a technology driven company, the technology development projects are an important step in demonstrating and maturing innovative concepts. This is the fuzzy front end prior to integrate in product development (NPI). As a Research Project Manager you are responsible for the projects from definition to successful closure. You manage the execution by the project team and coordinate with internal and external contributors. You work together with technology experts, R&D management, product management, external technology centers and customer organizations to scope projects in line with the roadmap and business needs.
- Engineering master degree. At least 5 years of experience in project or program management in a highly technical product development organization, PMI certification is an asset
- Analytical, methodical & problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to communicate both external and internal
- Strong interest in technology evolutions
- High level of autonomy and initiative
- Motivating team leader
- Stress resistance
- Experience in aerospace, video processing and/or artificial intelligence is an asset
- Translate innovative concepts into research projects in line with technology, product and business strategy
- Work and coordinate with internal experts and external contributors to prepare project proposals. External contributors can be customers, research groups, companies with supporting technologies, governmental agencies
- Define projects in terms of statement of work, technical scope, schedule, work breakdown structure, budget and deliverables
- Create the project proposals to the acceptance by involved stakeholders
- Manage project execution in line with the project definition
- Manage project schedule, budget, technical scope and resources
- Drive the activities of the project development team towards to the desired result in an efficient and effective way
- Participate and chairs internal and external project reviews.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the project, coordinate with all internal and external project stakeholders
- Write internal and external project progress reports
- Monitor new evolutions internally and externally that can have added value for further developments
- Develop a network with relevant (potential) cooperating parties
- Join a highly motivated team
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Easily accessible by traffic-free routes