As a member of the international sales team, the Sales Manager Avionics, ATC, Defense & Security nurtures an existing customer base consisting of end users and system integrators in those three markets.
Main region of focus will be France, while other South European countries can become part of the territory as well.
Supported by product management, program management, customer service and sales administration teams, the Sales Manager is responsible for successfully implementing the ScioTeq sales strategy for the region as well as establishing business development and capture plans to develop a long term and sustainable growth path.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business as a minimum.
- At least 7 years of sales and marketing experience of multi-level selling in an international technical B2B environment.
- Background in or familiarity with the European aerospace, air traffic control and defense landscape (standards and specifications, government type contracts) is a definite plus.
- Proven track record of successful year-on-year business growth and demonstrated ability to close deals.
- Effective networking skills and capability to build strong customer relationships at all levels of organizational hierarchy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Confident speaker and convincing presenter.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Goal-oriented and pragmatic.
- Comfortable with long sales cycles.
- Languages: proficiency in English and French is a minimum for this position.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 50% or more at given times.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Further develop the region in line with the objectives set by the International Sales Director.
- Maintain and enhance commercial contact with existing customer base and manage the entire sales cycle, including product presentations, quotations and contractual negotiations.
- Establish sales action plans to achieve bookings and revenue targets.
- Manage and communicate progress against set targets via accurate and timely reporting, including forecasting via CRM.
- Assess competitive products, industry trends and identify market opportunities.
- Ensure compliance of the sales activities with the US Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or any other local export requirements (i.e Belgium, France,…)
- Understand and live by ScioTeq’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward.
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities.
- Based out of easily accessible by traffic-free routes Belgian entity.