Sales Manager - Duluth
Sales Manager - Duluth
As a member of the North American sales team, the Sales Manager for ScioTeq’ s Defense & Security Business will be responsible for further expanding account relationships with our customers, including the U.S. Government and tier 1 contractors, while continually looking for ways to expand the market share of our product lines in the Defense & Security market segment.
Supported by product management, program management, customer service and sales administration teams, the Sales Manager is responsible for successfully implementing the ScioTeq sales strategy for the region as well as establishing business development and capture plans to develop a long term and sustainable growth path.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business.
- 10+ years of sales experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry. A background in US Navy related programs particularly is a definite plus.
- In depth knowledge of US DoD government policies, funding, sales cycles and defense acquisition strategy.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to deliver high level presentations and communicate at C-Level within DoD and prime contractor base.
- Technical experience and knowledge of displays, embedded computing and video distribution technologies desired.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Confident speaker and convincing presenter.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Goal-oriented and pragmatic
- Hunter mentality with proven track record of successful year-on-year business growth and demonstrated ability to close deals
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, ScioTeq operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What you will do:
- Further develop the customer and project base in line with the objectives set by the Senior Director of Global Sales.
- Maintain and enhance commercial contact with existing customer base and manage the entire sales cycle, including product presentations, quotations and contractual negotiations.
- Establish sales action plans to achieve bookings and revenue targets.
- Develop and implement key capture strategies and tactics to promote ScioTeq AD&S and influence funding for key programs
- Manage and communicate progress against set targets via accurate and timely reporting, including forecasting via CRM.
- Assess competitive products, industry trends and identify market opportunities.
- Ensure compliance of the sales activities with the US Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).or any other local export requirements linked to its Belgium based manufacturing facility
- Understand and live by ScioTeq’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Travel as required, up to 50% or more at given times.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets;
- Colleagues with excellent teamwork and high standards of work;
- A growing company with a culture of individual ownership and responsibility