Senior Buyer Electronics
Senior Buyer Electronics
The Senior Buyer Electronics manages all sourcing and supply chain activities for the assigned commodities: develop a sourcing strategy, continuously optimize cost, improve supplier performance, drive innovation and manage risk. This includes also the development, contracting and management of a supplier portfolio and enabling early supplier involvement by working closely together with all internal stakeholders, such as R&D, Quality, Operations, Product Management,….
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master (technical) or equivalent by experience
- Knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing
- Social relation skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Full of initiative and organizational awareness
- Ability to use appropriate IT applications: office applications, information exchange applications, ERP tools.
- Analytical, accurate and delivers high quality work
- Deep understanding of cultural differences
- Stress resistant
Job Role and Responsibilities
For the assigned commodities:
- Formulate the procurement vision, strategy and policy. Transform strategy into realistic, attainable and feasible objectives. Demonstrate understanding of the wider company needs & opportunities and incorporate these into the procurement plans.
- Investigate, select and develop sources of supply in order to minimize supply risk and total cost of ownership, issues bid requests and reviews quotations ;
- Negotiate, implement, execute and follow-up contracts between ScioTeq and supplier in order to maximize value for ScioTeq (price, flexibility, risk, product advantage, etc) ;
- Take into account customer and regulatory requirements (such as Trade Compliance) throughout the relation with external suppliers.
- Actively interface with core/key suppliers. Monitoring of performance (cost, quality, delivery performance) and pro-active planning and execution of regular business review meetings.
- Assist the logistic buyers in the operational purchasing activities in case of repetitive default and/or deviations from contract ;
- Collaborate with the Supplier Quality Assurance team to improve the quality level of the suppliers.
- Engage a close co-operation with R&D and Product management and ensure availability of supplier technology roadmaps for key product groups ;
- Support the PPE on New Product Introduction projects
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward
- Career opportunities in an international environment
- Challenging projects in high tech markets
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many development opportunities
- Easily accessible thanks to traffic-free routes