ScioTeq is offering an ‘end-to-end’ solution for avionics software development on ScioTeq smart platforms (CDMS, TSCU, MFD and PU). This open architecture software solution consists of the MOSArt® platform, the SIMphonyTM development support tool and the capability to provide complete applications or application components.
It allows system integrators to make the most efficient use of their resources and decide on in-house development or outsourcing of one or more of the applications that need to be hosted on the platform.
ScioTeq guarantees full support during development and certification, even taking the responsibility of first-line support for third-party tooling. Consequently, as problems pop up, this increases the efficiency of the overall design cycle.
Take control of your own destiny!
The Modular Open System Architecture (MOSArt®) concept is the mainstay in a wide range of aircraft cockpits since many years. Its modular approach offers soft- and hardware flexibility and guarantees fluent system integration and certification.
Based on an Arinc 653-compliant kernel, the MOSArt® platform can host multiple applications with potential different DAL levels onto one processing platform. In addition, you can assign different criticality levels to each MOSArt® partition.
As a software platform, MOSArt® drives down the total cost of ownership (TCO) and strongly increases the mean time between failures (MTBF) by combining different functions onto one HW platform. This stability is of critical importance to the performance of a cockpit’s visual system.
MOSArt® comes with a complete certification package up to DO-178C Level A, encapsulating the RTOS’s certification artifacts and clearly marking what tasks the final software integrator will need to perform. ScioTeq has the necessary experience in this field, having performed many EASA, FAA and TCA-product certifications.
- Full support and flexibility during development, certification and maintenance phases
- Time, spatial and IO software segregation
- Preservation of intellectual property
- Easy integration of many functionalities in one box
- Flexibility toward future evolutions
- Reduced development effort and cost improved reusability
- Easy obsolescence management
- ARINC 653 compliant
- Certifiable up to DO-178B Level A
- Reduced time to market
- Supported RTOS: WindRiver VxWorks653 and Helix Virtualization Platform (HVP)
SIMphony development support tool
SIMphonyTM is an avionics software development and validation support environment running on standard PC equipment. It enables host-PC development of MOSArt® applications as well as full control over the embedded target interfaces. SIMphonyTM supports the full SW design cycle in three domains:
- No target HW needed
- Rapid prototyping
- Early validation of HMI
- Early validation of logic
- Fast development & debug cycles
- No specific tooling needed
Interfacing with prototype HW
- Complements prototype HW
- Early integration on target CPU/GPU
- Early validation of real-time behavior
- No other interface tooling needed
Simulate the HW
- Simulate interfaces
- Record & playback scenarios
- Inject protocol errors
- Validate test scripts off-bench